This photograph from G.R. Lambert & Co., taken between 1891 and 1895, shows a view of Battery Road. Being one of the main roads of the city, Battery Road served as the link between Raffles Place, the General Post Office and Cavenagh Bridge. Title from inscription, on front of photograph. Date of creation estimated. Information contributed by Richard Hale.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.