This 1863 photograph shows a view of the Singapore River taken from Fort Canning Hill. The bridge shown is Thomson’s Bridge which was widened in 1886 and was renamed Elgin Bridge. The image was digitized from a Sachtler & Co. album entitled "Views and types of Singapore, 1863". Title information from donor and title devised by Library staff. Caption information contributed by Richard Hale.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.