This 1992 photograph depicts a row of double-storey shophouses at no. 163 - 145 Lavender Street (at Tyrwhitt Road junction). The first transitional shophouse styled building features a French window in the centre, rectangular transform windows and simple polychromatic ceramic tile panels beneath the casement windows. Officially named in 1858 by residents of the street, Lavender Street connects the junction of Balestier Road and Serangoon Road to the junction of Kallang Road and Crawford Street. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.