This 1982 photograph shows the façade of Yock Eng High School at Tanjong Katong Road and a partial view of the school's basketball court. The two-storey building, with an octagonal clock tower is designed in the Modern style and has Art Deco influences like stepped pediment on the roofline and a flagpole on the roof. Founded in 1910, the school moved to its current premises at Hougang Ave 1 in 1985. The school was renamed Yuying Secondary School and was officially opened on 13 Aug 1987. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.