This is a 1982 photograph showing the old Anglo-Chinese Middle School on Armenian Street. The Anglo-Chinese School (ACS), founded in 1886, moved from Amoy Street to Coleman Street in 1887. The name of the school came from the fact that it conducted lessons in English at night and Chinese in the afternoons. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.