This 1983 photograph shows Neil Road, from opposite Dickenson Hill Road (on the right side). The one-way street has shophouses along both its sides. Neil Road, formerly known as Salat Road, was named after Colonel Neil in March 1858. Located in the vicinity of Tanjong Pagar, it is home to rows of conserved shophouses. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.