This 1966 photograph shows a terrace house on Neil Road, featuring a forecourt and a pair of qilin (mythical Chinese creatures) placed atop gate posts. Known in the past as Silat (or Selat or Salat) Road, Neil Road was renamed in 1858 after the Indian Mutiny hero, Brigadier-General James George Smith Neil. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All Rights Reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board Singapore 2009.