Haw Par Villa entrance, 1972 : group photograph

This is a photograph of students posing at the entrance of Haw Par Villa. Haw Par Villa, formerly known as Tiger Balm Gardens, was built by the brothers Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par, in 1937. The statues depicting characters from Chinese folklore and legends, explicitly attempts to illustrate lessons on certain traditional moral values. Photograph donated by Tan Ching Hwee and display at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. HRS3_231. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2008. The original work © Tan Ching Hwee.

Subjects
  • Recreation>>Places of Interest
  • Parks--Singapore--Photographs
  • Students--Singapore--Photographs
  • Sports, recreation and travel

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore