This 1995 photograph shows the open grounds (south of Bukit Timah Fire Station), at Bukit Timah Road. Bukit Timah Nature Reserve can be partially seen on the left background. One of the first nature reserves in Singapore, the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve was officially established by the British Colonial Government of the Straits Settlements in 1883. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.