Skip to Main Content

Copper statue of Sir Stamford Raffles, 1950 : general view


Reproduction Available:

This is a 1950s photograph of the copper statue of Sir Stamford Raffles, in front of Victoria Memorial Hall, which has been there since 1919 until the Japanese Occupation in 1943. It has been re-installed at the same location after the return of the British in 1946. Part of a compiled album, with a label : "PHOTOGRAPHS BY : R.K. TYERS. Staff STRAITS STEAMSHIP CO., LTD. SINGAPORE." Title devised by Library staff.

Date of creation estimated.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore