A 1995 photograph showing Chwee Long Tow Hock Teck Temple, at Mohamed Sultan Road junction (at Tong Watt Road). Chwee Long Tow Hock Teck Temple was once located on Tras Street (in Tanjong Pagar) when it was established in 1829. In 1907, the land that it was built on was acquired by the government for road widening. The temple then relocated to the site at Mohamed Sultan Road. Chwee Long Tow Hock Teck Temple was gazetted as a national monument in 1978. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.