This is a 1983 photograph showing Read Bridge, from Ellenborough Market, at Boat Quay. Construction of the bridge began in 1881 and was completed in 1889. Read Bridge was named after William Henry Macleod Read. The bridge was previously known as Malacca Bridge and Green Bridge. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.