The 1992 photograph shows houses 439 - 447, on Macpherson Road. Macpherson Road was named after Colonel Ronald MacPherson, the first Colonial Secretary after the Straits Settlements were separated from the Government of India and became a Crown Colony in 1867. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.