Seng Poh School at Seng Poh Road between 1956 and 1982

 

Title
Seng Poh School at Seng Poh Road between 1956 and 1982
Description
This is a view of the three-storey Seng Poh School at Seng Poh Road. The Chinese-medium school was established as "Seng Poh Government Chinese Primary School" in 1956 and named after Mr. Tan Seng Poh (1830-1879), Head of Opium Farm; Justice of Peace (1871); Magistrate of Police (1871-1872); and the first Chinese (Teochew) to serve in the Municipal Commission (1874-1879). The school was closed down in December 1987. Past Principals include Mr. Goh Hock Leng (1957-1959); and Mr. Tan Moh Eu (1982-1987). Title devised by Library staff.
Source
Taken from book Bukit Ho Swee RCs 3rd term inauguration souvenir magazine (1980-1982), page 24