Johnston

 

Title
Johnston's Pier, between 1890 and 1907
Description
From right are Drill Hall of Singapore Volunteer Artillery at the former site of Fort Fullerton (1829-1873); the double-storey General Post Office (built in 1874); and the Exchange Building (extended section, opened in 1879). On the far left is the landing platform of Johnston's Pier (completed in 1856 and demolished in 1933). The Drill Hall was designed by Colonial Engineer, Major Henry McCallum (1890-1891), and remained in use here until it was re-erected at Beach Road in 1907. Title devised by Library staff.
Source
Taken from book A history of the Singapore Volunteer Corps 1854-1937, being also an historical outline of volunteering in Malaya, page [62a]