Chung Cheng High School at Kim Yam Road, between 1939 and 1969

 

Title
Chung Cheng High School at Kim Yam Road, between 1939 and 1969
Description
This is the road leading to Chung Cheng High School (中正中学) at 60, Kim Yam Road. The boys' high school was established on 24 January 1939, and named after General Chiang Kai Sek. In August 1947, the school was relocated to Goodman Road, off Tanjong Katong Road, and became Chung Cheng High School (Main), leaving the Kim Yam Road premises to Chung Cheng High School (Branch). The branch school was first relocated to 332, Guillemard Road in May 1969. The main school was granted autonomous status by Ministry of Education in 1996. Before relocating to a new premises at 11, Yishun Street 61, the branch school operates at two campuses, the Guillemard Road site and the holding school at 61, Sembawang Drive between January 2003 and 2005. The branch school was renamed "Chung Cheng High School (Yishun)", and the premises was declared open by Mr. Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Minister for Education and Second Minister for Finance, on 30 June 2006. Past principals of Chung Cheng High School (Main) include Dr. Chuang Chu Lin (庄竹林, 1939-1957); Mr. William Shen Wei Lin (沈为霖, Acting, 1957); Mr. Wong Chong Chee (1958-1959); Mr. Huang Fang Kuei (1961-May 1967); Mr. Chiou Sin Min (邱新民, Aug 1967-Mar 1974); Mr. Chia Thiam Soon (Apr 1974-Apr 1981); Mr. Goh Seow Chew (Apr 1981-1995); Mr. Yang Che Kay (杨枝桂, 1995-2000); Mr. Yue Lip Sin (余立信, Dec 2000-Dec 2004); Mr. Lo Chee Lin (Dec 2004-Dec 2011); and Mr. Pang Choon How (彭俊豪, Dec 2011-to date). Past principals of Chung Cheng High School (Branch) include Dr. Chuang Chu Lin (庄竹林, 1939-1957); Mr. Ko Pei Teck (高沛泽, 1957-1960); Mr. Kok Chong Peng (许钟腾, 1961-1970); Madam Chuang Wei Lang (庄为琅, 1970-1978); Mr. Chua Hun Cheong (蔡汉章, 1979-1994); Mr. Ong Kian Choon (王建春, 1994-1999); Mr. Yap Juye Long (叶维隆, 1999-2006); and Mr. Ong Kock Hua (王国华, Jan 2007-to date). Title devised by Library staff.
Source
Taken from book 百年树人, page 52