The Chinese Volunteer Club, Beach Road, between 1907 and 1937

 

Title
The Chinese Volunteer Club, Beach Road, between 1907 and 1937
Description
This is a view of the clubhouse and headquarters of Chinese Company of the Singapore Volunteer Infantry at Beach Road. It was declared open by Sir John Anderson, Governor of the Straits Settlements, on 4 May 1907. The Chinese Volunteer Clubhouse had a central meeting hall, bar and billiard room, and side rooms. The old clubhouse was originally located at Waterloo Street. Title devised by Library staff.
Source
Taken from book A history of the Singapore Volunteer Corps 1854-1937, being also an historical outline of volunteering in Malaya, page [62b]