Holy Innocents

 

Title
Holy Innocents' Chinese Girls' School at Upper Serangoon Road, between 1958 and 1977
Description
This is a façade of Holy Innocents' Chinese Girls' School (圣婴女校) at Upper Serangoon Road. The Chinese-medium school was founded by Reverend Father Edward Becheras, Parish Priest of Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, in 1932. It was managed by Sisters of the Holy Infant Jesus. In March 1985, the School and Holy Innocents' High School (Primary Section) merged to form Holy Innocents' Primary School (圣婴小学). In 1987, it became an English-medium school. Past Principals of Holy Innocents' Chinese Girls' School include Sister Francis Xavier (1932-1939); Sister Henry (Feb 1939-, 1946-1949); Sister Pierre (1949-1951); Sister Marie Mercedes (1951-1953); Sister Christine (1953), Sister Cecelia (1954); Sister Jerome (1955-1973); and Miss Goh Boon How (May 1973-1985). Title devised by Library staff.
Source
Taken from book Archbishop's sacerdotal golden jubilee, 1926-1976 : souvenir magazine, page 70