This 1890s photograph from G.R. Lambert & Co. shows the Police Court (right) and Central Police Station (left). Located along South Bridge Road, the French-style Police Court was built in 1885 while the Central Police Station was completed in 1886. The buildings were demolished in 1975 and 1977 respectively. Title from inscription, on front of photograph. Date of creation estimated.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.