Old Singapore Turf Club, quarters : general view [1]

This 1993 photograph shows the quarters at the old Singapore Turf Club, at Dunearn Road. The Turf Club was founded by Scottish merchant William Henry Macleod Read and began as the Singapore Sporting Club in 1842. The Turf Club moved to its new premises at Kranji in 1999, and was officially opened in 2000. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Residential Buildings
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Streets and Places
  • Organisations>>Associations>>Sports Associations
  • Dwellings--Singapore--Photographs
  • Streets--Singapore--Photographs
  • Clubs--Singapore--Photographs
  • Horse racing--Singapore--Photographs

Tags
  • Be the first one to tag this photo.
 

Suggested Pictures