This is a 1982 photograph depicting three-storey shophouses along Keong Saik Road, from the corner of Jiak Chuan Road, towards New Bridge Road. Keong Saik Road was named in 1926 after Tan Keong Saik, a prominent merchant and an educationalist. The road, located in the Chinatown area, was given conservation status on 7 July 1989. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.