This photograph from G.R. Lambert & Co., taken between 1890 and 1899, shows a view of Finlayson Green. Finlayson Green was a triangular oasis of flowers and trees, designed for visual appeal among the buildings, housing, shipping and insurance offices. It was bounded by Collyer Quay, Raffles Quay and a street which was also named Finlayson Green. Title from inscription, on front of photograph.
Date of creation estimated.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.