Cathedral of the Good Shepherd, entrance : side view [2]


This 1983 photograph depicts a side view of the entrance of the Cathedral of the Good Shepherd. The main entrance consists of a columned porch behind which are three doors that lead into the cathedral. Built between 1843 and 1847, it is the oldest surviving Catholic church in Singapore, and was gazetted a national monument on 6 July 1973. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Streets and Places
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>> Religious Buildings
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Historic Buildings
  • Cathedrals--Singapore--Photographs
  • Catholic church buildings--Singapore--Photographs
  • National monuments--Singapore--Photographs

Tags
 

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore