Pictured here in 1995 is a general view of shophouses and a Chinese temple, at Mohamed Sultan Road, towards Martin Road (from Tong Watt Road). Located off River Valley Road, Mohamed Sultan Road was officially named in 1898. Today, it is a popular district for nightlife activities, with clubs, pubs and restaurants located in the vicinity. This road is also home to some conserved shophouses and national monuments such as the Hong San See temple. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.