Pictured here are two Samsui women labourers carrying buckets of cement at a construction site of the Teachers' Training College. The Teachers' Training College was started in 1950 and was renamed the National Institute of Education in 1973. Photograph donated by Tan Que Seng and displayed at Heritage Roadshow 2007. Title devised by Library staff. Date of creation estimated.
This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2007. The original work © Tan Que Seng.