This 1890 photograph shows a view of Kampong Bugis. The photograph has been incorrectly identified as "Kampong Glam, Singapore" (written in pencil). A similar view found in the NHB (National Heritage Board) website http://www.sgcool.sg describes this view as Kampong Bugis, a village that was established by the Bugis from Sulawesi. It was located between the Rochor and Kallang rivers on the eastern side of Singapore in the 1820s. Title devised by Library staff. Date of creation estimated.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.