Stamford House, 1982 : exterior [2]


This is a 1982 photograph, showing the Stamford House on Stamford Road. Built in 1904, Stamford House was originally known as the Oranje Building, served as an annexe to the Raffles Hotel and became the Oranje Hotel in 1933. It was renamed as Stamford House after refurbishment in 1963 and restored by Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) in 1990s. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Historic Buildings
  • Historic buildings--Singapore--Photographs
  • Architecture--Singapore--Photographs

Tags
 

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore