This picture shows the Alhambra Theatre located at Beach Road in the 1960s. A car is seen parked outside the theatre, and a trishaw and cyclist are seen riding leisurely along the street. The Alhambra was opened in 1930, and it was the first air-conditioned theatre in Singapore. Photograph donated by Peh Heng Huat and displayed at Heritage Roadshow 2007. Date of creation estimated. Title devised by Library staff.
This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2007. The original work © Peh Heng Huat.