This 1992 photograph depicts houses at no. 103 - 107 Lavender Street (at northwest corner, Cavan Road). Officially named on 8 March 1858 as suggested by residents of the street, Lavender Street connects the junction of Balestier Road and Serangoon Road to the junction of Kallang Road and Crawford Street. In the 19th century, Lavender Street was a cart track, flanked by Chinese vegetable gardens on its side. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.