Nanyang University, 1955 : general view [1]


This photograph shows the administration building of Nanyang University. The university, also known as Nantah, merged with the University of Singapore in 1980 to form the National University of Singapore (NUS). It was renamed Nanyang Technological Institute after a Technological Institute was set up in 1991. In May 1996, it was upgraded to a full-fledged university named Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Photograph donated by Mdm Ong Kuer Lend and displayed at Heritage Roadshow 2007. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2007. The original work © Ong Kuer Lend.

Subjects
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Educational Buildings
  • Universities and colleges--Singapore--Photographs
  • Nanyang University--Photographs
  • Arts>>Architecture>>Educational buildings

Tags
 

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore