This 1890s photograph from G.R. Lambert & Co. shows a view of Commercial Square. John Little, Singapore's oldest department store, can be seen on the left side of the photograph. In 1858, Commercial Square was renamed Raffles Place, after the founder of Singapore. Title devised by Library staff. Date of creation estimated.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.