This is a 1974 photograph of two children playing at the swimming pool at Chinese Swimming Club under the supervision of an adult. The club at Amber Road was founded in 1905 by a group of six Chinese swimming enthusiasts, who named their group "Tanjong Katong Swimming Party". It was renamed "Chinese Swimming Club" when its membership swelled in 1909. Photograph donated by Ho Seng Huat and displayed at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. HRS3_404. Title devised by Library staff.
This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2008. The original work © Ho Seng Huat.