This 1995 photograph shows the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve with transmission towers in the background (from the open ground located south to Bukit Timah Fire Station), at Bukit Timah Road. One of the first nature reserves in Singapore, the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve was officially established by the British Colonial Government of the Straits Settlements in 1883. This reserve is also home to the Bukit Timah Hill, the highest hill in Singapore. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.