Photograph of a traffic junction at Upper Serangoon Road. The corner shophouse, built in 1929, has a coffeeshop on the first floor. Many such unpretentious eating places housed in pre-war shophouses were then known as restaurants. Donated by Sathakathuda Sahib S/O Peer Mohd, and displayed at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. HRS3_055. Date of creation estimated. Title devised by Library staff.
This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2008. The original work © Sathakathuda Sahib S/O Peer Mohd.