A 1995 photograph shows Barker Road with cars parked alongside the road. A partial view of the Anglo-Chinese School (Tan Chin Tuan Hall) is pictured on the left of the photograph. Barker Road was named after Arthur Barker (Municipal Commissioner), who came to Singapore in 1889. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.