This is a photograph of Capitol Theatre, also known as Capitol Cinema, situated at the junction of North Bridge Road and Stamford Road. It was built in 1929 by the Namazie brothers on the site of a Dutch hotel called Van Wyke. It became a movie theatre in 1946 when the Shaw Brothers took over the running of the building. Photograph donated by Lam Mui Chin and displayed at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. HRS3_248. Title devised by Library staff.
This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2008. The original work © Lam Mui Chin.