This is a photograph of a couple walking past the Lim Bo Seng memorial as some children take a closer look. The 3.5 m high pagoda was officially unveiled at the Esplanade on 29 June 1954 as a remembrance of the sacrifice the World War II martyr had given for the country. Photograph donated by Poon Lee Eng and displayed at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. Date of creation estimated. Title devised by Library staff.
This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2008. The original work © Poon Lee Eng.