Shown is a photograph with a general view of the exterior of a block of derelict three-storey shophouses at Mohamed Sultan Road, towards River Valley Road (at Kim Yam Road corner). Mohamed Sultan Road was officially named in 1898. Today, it is a popular district for nightlife activities, with clubs, pubs and restaurants located in the vicinity. This road is also home to some conserved shophouses and national monuments such as the Hong San See temple. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.