This is a 1950s photograph capturing the government office in Kuala Lumpur which was built between 1894-1897. After the colonial years, it was later renamed Sultan Abdul Samad Building after Sultan Abdul Samad, the reigning sultan of Selangor at the time when construction began. Part of a compiled album, with a label : "PHOTOGRAPHS BY : R.K. TYERS. Staff STRAITS STEAMSHIP CO., LTD. SINGAPORE." Title transcribed from album. Date of creation estimated. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.