Former Yio Chu Kang part-time branch library reading area : general view


This is a black and white photograph of the reading area in Yio Chu Kang Branch Library (Part-time) in the early days. It was the fourth branch library (Part-time) of the Raffles Library. It was officially opened on 24 November 1956 in the Yio Chu Kang Community Centre. Many library patrons can be seen reading at the tables. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

All Rights Reserved. National Library Board Singapore 2004.

Subjects
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Historic Buildings
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Public Buildings>>Libraries
  • Law and government>>Culture and community>>Public libraries
  • Science and technology>>Library and information science>>Libraries and information centres
  • Yio Chu Kang (Singapore)--Photographs
  • Libraries--Singapore--Yio Chu Kang--Photographs
  • Community centers--Singapore--Yio Chu Kang--Photographs

Tags
 

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore