This 1983 photograph shows South Boat Quay, from North Boat Quay. It shows bumboat on the Singapore River and a row of warehouses in the background. Also known as tongkangs or twakows, bumboats were an important form of transportation in the trade activities taking place at the Singapore River in the early days. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.
- Architecture and Landscape>>Streets and Places
- Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Commercial Buildings
- Commerce and Industry>>Transportation
- Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Residential Buildings
- Work boats--Singapore--Photographs
- Boat Quay (Singapore)--Photographs
- Singapore River (Singapore)--Photographs
- Wharves--Singapore--Boat Quay--Photographs
- Shophouses--Singapore--Boat Quay--Photographs
- Warehouses--Singapore--Boat Quay--Photographs