St. Anthony's Convent and St. Joseph's Catholic Church sanctuary, 1992 : interior [4]


This 1992 photograph shows the sanctuary of St Joseph's Catholic Church which is inside the St. Anthony's Convent school compound on Middle Road. St. Anthony's Convent Primary School and Secondary School moved into their new premises at Bedok North Avenue 4 in 1995 and were renamed as St. Anthony's Canossian Primary School and St. Anthony's Canossian Secondary School. The St. Anthony's Convent and St. Joseph's Catholic Church buildings, dated 1886, are still standing today and are gazetted for conservation. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Religious Buildings
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Educational Buildings
  • Pews and pew rights--Singapore--Photographs
  • Catholic church buildings--Singapore--Photographs
  • Catholic schools--Singapore--Photographs

Tags
 

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore