This is a photograph of the exterior of Leong San See Temple which is located at Race Course Road. The Taoist temple (also known as Long Shan Si which means Dragon Mountain Temple) was established in 1913, by a monk Reverend Chun Wu. The roof is the most remarkable aspect of the building, evoking a sea of dancing ceramic dragons. It underwent renovations in 1930, 1962 and 1970. Part of a compiled album, with a label : "Photographs by R.K. Tyers. Staff Straits Steamship Co., Ltd. Singapore." Title transcribed from album. Date of creation estimated.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.