This 1982 photograph shows Chitty Road, from Kampong Kapor Road junction (building dated 1925). The two-storey building has red-brick columns, and a shingled roof. A corridor runs along the front of the building on both floors. The road that runs parallel to the building is lined with many cars on both sides. Chitty Road is named after the Peranakan Indians, who were also known as Chitties. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.