How Do I
- How do I contact Enquiry?
- How do I know if my account can access eResources?
- How do I register to be a NLB Member?
- How do I login?
- How do I get a mylibary ID if I have forgotten my old mylibrary ID?
- How do I access the eResources from NLB website?
- How do I print from the multimedia stations at our libraries?
- How do I search if a particular journal or article is available within NL eResource?
- How do I search if a particular eBook title is available within NLB eResources?
- How do I search for a particular Straits Times/联 合 早 报 article?
- How do I read eBooks using a SmartPhone (e.g. Apple, Android applications)?
- Can I use Libby or OverDrive on e-Readers?
How do I contact Enquiry?
If you face any problem during registration or have forgotten your username, retrieve via https://account.nlb.gov.sg/ForgotUserId for the recovery of myLibrary ID username.
If you have forgotten your password, retrieve via https://account.nlb.gov.sg/ForgotPassword for the recovery of password.
If you still encounter issues, you may email to email@example.com. (Emails will be replied within 5 working days).
Enquiry operating hours:
9:00am – 6:00pm (Monday to Friday)
9:00am – 1:00pm (eve of Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year)
Closed on Public holidays
How do I know if my account can access eResources?
If you are a Singaporean or valid NLB library member, you should be able to access NLB eResources, in or outside NLB libraries using your library account.
If you are not a library member, you can access NLB eResources from NLB’s multimedia stations.
How do I register to be a NLB Member?
If you are NOT a Singapore Citizen, please go to your nearest NLB branch to sign up.
How do I login?
You need to be a registered National Library Board (NLB) member to log in.
Click on "Login".
After clicking on Login, the page would prompt for your myLibrary ID (myLibrary ID / Password).
How do I get a myLibary ID?
If you do not have a myLibrary ID, please sign up for one using http://www.nlb.gov.sg/register.
If you have forgotten your mylibrary ID, you can retrieve your mylibrary ID via https://account.nlb.gov.sg/ForgotUserId.
How do I access the eResources from NLB website?
Visit http://www.nlb.gov.sg and click on the "eResources" on the left menu.
How do I print from the multimedia stations at our libraries?
You can print documents from the multimedia stations for a charge of $0.30 per A4 page. Printouts can then be collected from the Customer Service Information Counter Photocopy Area. The payment can be made through your CashCard or your Pre-Paid Account.
How do I search if a particular journal or article is available within NL eResource?
If you have a NLB digital account, proceed to login. Then, click on Search eResources. A new page will open and you are required to type your Search query. If you do not have a NLB digital account, please register first by clicking on Register.
How do I search if a particular eBook title is available within NLB eResources?
Click on by Type.
- select eBooks
- select from the listing provided
some useful tips
Select the following if you are looking for:
- Latest fiction titles: Overdrive
- Classics: check out World eBook Library
- Chinese eBooks: Apabi
- Computer: Safari
Note: You can also use NLB ereads if you want to search for all ebooks.
How do I search for a particular Straits Times/联 合 早 报 article?
You can access Straits Times in Factiva only at libraries and not from home. When you are accessing from libraries.
- Click "By A-Z".
- Click 'F' to find 'Factiva.com'.
- Click on [Source].
- Type "Straits Times" or "Lianhe Zaobao".
- Specify the date e.g. 09 Jun 2008.
- Type 'a' in [Free text].
- Click on [Run search].
- Click on title to view full-text of the article.
How do I read eBooks using a SmartPhone (e.g. Apple, Android applications?)
NLB currently does not offer Apple or Android apps. However NLB has an SmartPhone friendly Mobile Reads service at http://www.nlb.gov.sg/mobile. On the use of iPad to access NLB e-Resources, user can access the website using the standard browser (Safari).
After login to the website, user can access eBooks from:
- World eBook Library (pdf eBooks)
- Malay eBooks - Koleksi Buku Elektronik Melayu (pdf eBooks)
- eBrary eBooks - online reading (Flash plug-in is required)
- Safari eBooks - online reading (Flash plug-in is required)
- Digitised Rare Books available at http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/printheritage
- Mobile Reads - short stories at http://www.nlb.gov.sg/mobile
- Overdrive audio books (require Overdrive download center app, free)
Can I use Libby or OverDrive on e-Readers?
NLB currently does not purchase and support eBooks in Kindle or Nook formats as they are not officially available to the Singapore market.
A built-in OverDrive feature is available in Kobo eReaders. Since Nov 2019, this feature has been compatible in Singapore. The built-in OverDrive feature is only available for these Kobo eReaders:
- Kobo Libra H2O
- Kobo Forma
- Kobo Aura ONE
- Kobo Aura Edition 2
- Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
- Kobo Clara HD
Patrons can log in with their myLibrary ID via the OverDrive integration under Settings > OverDrive on their Kobo devices to read NLB eBooks. Titles do not need to be available in Kobo format to be downloaded on a Kobo device. However, only NLB eBooks which are found in Kobo store can be borrowed directly from the Kobo device.
Patrons will need to transfer library eBooks from a computer using Adobe Digital Editions for earlier models of Kobo eReaders such as below:
- Kobo Aura
- Touch 2.0
How to transfer using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)?
- Connect your eReader to your computer.
- Install and authorise ADE on your computer.
- Download an EPUB or PDF eBook to ADE from your library’s digital collection. Downloaded eBooks should open automatically in ADE.
- In ADE, make sure you’re in “Library” view. Your eReader should show up under “Devices”. You may need to accept a file-transfer prompt in your eReader in order to appear in ADE.
- If your eReader is not detected by ADE, you might have to update to the most recent version of ADE. For more information, please refer to https://help.overdrive.com/en-us/0047.html.
For more information, please refer to the Kobo Help link: https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018019214-OverDrive-Common-questions
Format availability for eBooks is subject to the negotiations between OverDrive and the eReader companies, e.g. Amazon. NLB will purchase eBooks in the best formats that are available in Singapore.