How Do I
- How do I contact Enquiry?
- How do I know if my account can access eResources?
- How do I register to be a NLB Member?
- How do I login?
- How do I get a mylibary ID if I have forgotten my old mylibrary ID?
- How do I access the eResources from NLB website?
- How do I print from the multimedia stations at our libraries?
- How do I search if a particular journal or article is available within NL eResource?
- How do I search if a particular eBook title is available within NLB eResources?
- How do I search for a particular Straits Times/联 合 早 报 article?
- How do I read eBooks using a SmartPhone (e.g. Apple, Android applications)?
- How do I borrow eBooks if I have Nook (from Barns and Noble) and Kindle 3?
How do I contact Enquiry?
If you face any problem during registration or have forgotten your username, retrieve via https://account.nlb.gov.sg/ForgotUserId for the recovery of myLibrary ID username.
If you have forgotten your password, retrieve via https://account.nlb.gov.sg/ForgotPassword for the recovery of password.
If you still encounter issues, you may email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Emails will be replied within 5 working days).
Enquiry operating hours:
9:00am – 6:00pm (Monday to Friday)
9:00am – 1:00pm (eve of Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year)
Closed on Sundays and Public holidays
How do I know if my account can access eResources?
If you are a Singaporean or valid NLB library member, you should be able to access NLB eResources, in or outside NLB libraries using your library account.
If you are not a library member, you can access NLB eResources from NLB’s multimedia stations.
How do I register to be a NLB Member?
If you are NOT a Singapore Citizen, please go to your nearest NLB branch to sign up.
How do I login?
You need to be a registered National Library Board (NLB) member to log in.
Click on "Login".
After clicking on Login, the page would prompt for your myLibrary ID (myLibrary ID / Password).
How do I get a myLibary ID?
If you do not have a myLibrary ID, please sign up for one using http://www.nlb.gov.sg/register.
If you have forgotten your mylibrary ID, you can retrieve your mylibrary ID via https://account.nlb.gov.sg/ForgotUserId.
How do I access the eResources from NLB website?
Visit http://www.nlb.gov.sg and click on the "eResources" on the left menu.
How do I print from the multimedia stations at our libraries?
You can print documents from the multimedia stations for a charge of $0.30 per A4 page. Printouts can then be collected from the Customer Service Information Counter Photocopy Area. The payment can be made through your CashCard or your Pre-Paid Account.
How do I search if a particular journal or article is available within NL eResource?
If you have a NLB digital account, proceed to login. Then, click on Search eResources. A new page will open and you are required to type your Search query. If you do not have a NLB digital account, please register first by clicking on Register.
How do I search if a particular eBook title is available within NLB eResources?
Click on by Type.
- select eBooks
- select from the listing provided
some useful tips
Select the following if you are looking for:
- Latest fiction titles: Overdrive
- Classics: check out World eBook Library
- Chinese eBooks: Apabi
- Computer: Safari
Note: You can also use NLB ereads if you want to search for all ebooks.
How do I search for a particular Straits Times/联 合 早 报 article?
You can access Straits Times in Factiva only at libraries and not from home. When you are accessing from libraries.
- Click "By A-Z".
- Click 'F' to find 'Factiva.com'.
- Click on [Source].
- Type "Straits Times" or "Lianhe Zaobao".
- Specify the date e.g. 09 Jun 2008.
- Type 'a' in [Free text].
- Click on [Run search].
- Click on title to view full-text of the article.
How do I read eBooks using a SmartPhone (e.g. Apple, Android applications?)
NLB currently does not offer Apple or Android apps. However NLB has an SmartPhone friendly Mobile Reads service at http://www.nlb.gov.sg/mobile. On the use of iPad to access NLB e-Resources, user can access the website using the standard browser (Safari).
After login to the website, user can access eBooks from:
- World eBook Library (pdf eBooks)
- Malay eBooks - Koleksi Buku Elektronik Melayu (pdf eBooks)
- eBrary eBooks - online reading (Flash plug-in is required)
- Safari eBooks - online reading (Flash plug-in is required)
- Digitised Rare Books available at http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/printheritage
- Mobile Reads - short stories at http://www.nlb.gov.sg/mobile
- Overdrive audio books (require Overdrive download center app, free)
How do I borrow eBooks if I have Nook (from Barns and Noble) and Kindle 3?
The eBooks available for download: Koleksi Buku Elektronik Melayu (Malay eBooks) allows for downloads and reading off-line as long as the device has a PDF reader.